What flavors and fillings are available?
Our cake flavors are: white, chocolate, marble, yellow, lemon, red velvet, german chocolate, spice, carrot, pumpkin. Our fillings are: MOUSSES: choc, strawberry, raspberry, tripleberry, lemon, amaretto, bailey's, mocha. COOKED FRUIT: raspberry, strawberry and lemon. BAVARIAN CREAMS: chocolate and vanilla. Other good stuff: Cookies and Cream, Classic german chocolate, Deluxe cream cheese, ganache.
If you require a deposit what are the requirements?
We require a $50 deposit to book your wedding cake. We take Visa and Mastercard.
When is the balance due?
Do you offer a cake tasting session? Is there a charge? How many people can come to the tasting?
Can couples change their minds on flavors, design etc, if so when does it need to be finalized?
Will you preserve the top tier for their first anniversary?
If the bride & groom has special dietary needs can you accommodate?
What sets you apart from other bakers?
How many weddings do you average in a year?
How many will you commit to on a Wedding Day?
What is one free tip you would give couples out there researching bakers?
One tip: Ask enough questions to find out how much your cake REALLY costs. If your baker is working with your venue to provide a cake as part of your package, you may get a better price by going to a baker directly. We would rather give a discount to our customer, the bride, than to discount to a venue or other vendor who will mark the cake up to the bride.
Suggestion: Do a little homework before your consultation, it will help us serve you better. When you ask us specific questions we can pinpoint styles and prices for you.Come in with ideas or pictures to show us, call ahead to tell us specific flavors you like (or don't like!)
Anything they can do ahead of time to help ease the stress of planning this service or detail before the Wedding day?
Ease the stress of your cake order: get your details in on flavor, design, and delivery specifics BEFORE the 15 day deadline. Then it's easy to just call in serving count at the end. We'll be more able to give your order special attention if the details are not coming in "under the wire".
25 Random things about Queen of Cake
- Roller Derby is the official sport of Queen of Cakes. Our Team is the Rockits
- We all love to cook and share lunch every day pot luck style
- Our shop opened in 2003 with 1 employee-Terri
- Katie is an avid (and successful) bow hunter who bags her deer every season
- Jessica is a musician
- Brynn is an avid gamer
- Alyssa "teeny cakes" refuses to break a sweat
- Patty owns a lovable rottweiler
- Katie's boyfriend is an award winning roller skater
- We have cupcake decals on our company vehicle
- Only place in town that has teeny cakes
- Our mascots are: phil the rubber chicken/pheasant, and Midge, the half-doll
- Midge has her own facebook page
- We've been known to pull practical jokes on each other
- Our bakers are tiny
- Brush with fame cakes include Gov Arne Carlson
- Our favorite customers bring US treat
- Our store is the size of a bathroom
- We play wedding movies during our consultations
- Our Cocktail Cakes really do taste like the drinks they are named for. Its 5 oclock somewhere
- Our largest single order to date was 4000 servings of cake for the MN Orchestra
- We can write "happy birthday" on a cupcake
- All the calories leak out of our cakes when you cut them
- Favorite shows include anything on the Style network: Clean House, How do I look? and yes, Keeping up with the Kardashians
- Our store is also known as the estrogen bakery. Someones always yelling, someones always crying. Usually its the same person. Terri